+ Operation manual
+ Routine maintenance
- Engine repair
+ the Repair procedures which are not demanding extraction of the engine from the car - petrol engines
+ the Repair procedures which are not demanding extraction of the engine from the car - diesel engines
- Removal and major maintenance of the engine
Major maintenance of the engine - the general information
Removal of the power unit - methods and precautionary measures
Removal, partition and installation of the power unit - models with RKPP
Removal, partition and installation of the power unit - models with AT
Order of dismantling of the engine by its preparation for carrying out major maintenance
Dismantle of a head of cylinders
Cleaning and check of a condition of a head of cylinders and components of the klapanny mechanism
Assembly of a head of cylinders
Removal of shatunno-piston assemblies
Removal of a cranked shaft
Cleaning and check of a condition of the block of cylinders/case of the engine
Check of a condition of shatunno-piston assemblies
Check of a condition of a cranked shaft
Check of a condition of loose leaves of radical and shatunny bearings of a cranked shaft
Engine assembly order after performance of major maintenance
Installation of piston rings
Installation of a cranked shaft and check of working gaps of radical bearings
Installation of shatunno-piston groups on the engine and check of working gaps of shatunny bearings
Initial start of the engine after completion of its major maintenance
+ Systems of cooling, heating
+ Power supply system and release
+ engine Electric equipment
+ Power shafts
+ Uniform hydraulic system
+ Brake system
+ Running gear and steering
+ Body and salon furnish
+ Onboard electric equipment
+ electric equipment Schemes
Removal, partition and installation of the power unit - models with RKPP
Engine dismantle from the car is possible only assembled with transmission. The partition of the power unit for the purpose of carrying out major maintenance of the engine can be made later.
Fixture of the right support of the power unit (engine of 2.0 l)
Fixture of the right support of the power unit (engine of 1.8 l)
1. Park the car on an equal horizontal platform with a firm covering so that around remained rather empty seat. Prop up protivootkatny boots back wheels, then поддомкратьте a front of the car and establish it on props. Remove both lobbies of a wheel.
2. Lift a cowl in vertical situation, then remove the battery, its adjusting pallet and a fixing level (see. Start and charge systems).
3. Open the gate of dumping of a regulator of pressure and transfer the handle of management of suspension bracket hydraulics to extreme bottom situation (LOW) at the corresponding complete set remove protection of a case.
4. Remove both power shafts (see. Head Power shafts).
5. Remove a casing of an air purifier and/or an air inlet sleeve (see. A power supply system - petrol models or the Power supply system - diesel models).
6. Remove the tank of hydraulic liquid (see. Head Uniform hydraulic system).
7. Disconnect a gas cable from the throttle or TNVD case.
8. On petrol models remove the throttle case (see. A power supply system - petrol models).
9. Remove the components established on the left side of a head of cylinders, including the valve of stabilization of turns of idling.
10. At the corresponding complete set give fixing nuts and shift aside the hydraulic modulator of management of ABS. Remove a modulator arm.
11. Liberate soaking-up and returnable tubes of hydraulic system (see. Head Uniform hydraulic system) from clamps in a forward part of the engine also disconnect them from the pump. At once закупорьте the open ends of tubes/unions in order to avoid hit in dirt system.
12. To Otboltita a regulator of hydraulic pressure and the stream distributor from the forward party of the power unit. Tie up the removed knots a wire to body elements (see. Head Uniform hydraulic system). Alternatively, the disconnected components can be laid on props.
13. If the engine understands, merge from it engine oil and remove the oil filter (address to Head Routine maintenance). Carefully wipe, establish on a place and strongly tighten a drain stopper.
14. Merge transmission oil from a transmission (see. Manual box of gear shifting). Wipe, screw on a place and tighten with demanded effort jellied and drain jams (see. Specifications to Head Transmission).
15. Disconnect from a transmission all electroconducting, including brought to the sensor switch of fires of a backing. Do not forget also about the grounding tire.
16. Disconnect from RKPP a drive cable speedometer/electroconducting of the sensor of speed.
17. Hooking a screw-driver with a flat sting, accurately dismember spherical sharnirny connections of drafts of the mechanism of gear shifting on a transmission. Take drafts aside from RKPP case.
18. Remove directing a cable, a metal arm and the VMT sensor.
19. In an impellent compartment release clamps of the core and a cable cover on the lever of switching off of coupling and a basic arm. Liberate a cable from a transmission case.
20. Remove the generator (see. Start and charge systems).
21. On models with To/in отболтите the compressor also take him aside from the power unit. Tie up the compressor to a body element, trying not to allow excessive load of the lines brought to it. At all do not disconnect refrigerator lines (see preventions in Head Routine maintenance)!
22. Remove a radiator (see. Head of System of cooling, heating). Let's notice that the requirement of removal of a radiator is not necessary for all models, however, in all cases allows to expand essentially working space and to minimize heat exchanger damages.
23. On petrol models execute the following procedures (see. A power supply system - petrol models):
a) Dump pressure in a power supply system and disconnect hoses of giving and fuel return;
b) Disunite sockets of electroconducting of a power supply system;
c) Remove a reception pipe of system of production of the fulfilled gases.
24. On diesel models remove the control unit preheat (see. Preheat system - diesel models) also execute the following procedures (see. A power supply system - diesel models):
a) Disconnect a hose of supply of fuel from assembly of a fuel filter/casing of the thermostat, also disconnect a returnable hose;
b) On models with a turbo-supercharging at the same time with a radiator remove the built-in cooler of a turbokompressor;
c) On D6B engines without a turbo-supercharging remove an air distributor casing.
25. Release collars and disconnect hoses of the heat exchanger of a heater from the branch pipes on a back partition of an impellent compartment (see. Head of System of cooling, heating).
26. Walk on an electroconducting plait from the engine to the electric socket (ов) in an impellent compartment. Also walk on a plait to the assembly block of the safety locks/relay located near the battery; disconnect wires.
27. Make sure that all electroconducting is disconnected, and plaits and wires are liberated from intermediate clamps and bindings and are not capable to prevent extraction of the power unit.
28. Get the winch into position and connect slings to eyes, privernuty to a head of cylinders. Having turned on the winch, hang out the unit on slings.
29. Give the central nut of the left support of the power unit. Remove a washer. Give two nuts of fastening of a support to its arm (besides, do not forget about washers). Take a support from an impellent compartment, then remove the remote plug (if that is provided). For the purpose of expansion of working space, whenever possible, turn out two fixing bolts and remove a support arm from a car body.
30. Working under the car, give nuts and bolts of fastening of a rack of a back support to assembly of a support and a stretcher. Remove a rack.
31. Having released clamps, remove a plastic cover from the top part of assembly of the right support of the power unit (see illustrations
Fixture of the right support of the power unit (the engine of 2.0 l) and
Fixture of the right support of the power unit (the engine of 1.8 l)).
32. Give fixing nuts/bolts and remove a support arm. Take from support assembly a rubber buffer plate and clean it together with an arm in a reliable place.
33. Make sure that any components and communications does not stir extraction of the power unit from an impellent compartment. Check reliability of fixing of such disconnected components, as a rod of a choice of transfers.
34. Lift the power unit and carefully take it from the car. At unit extraction very much it is useful the help of the assistant as assembly should be inclined or turned constantly in order to avoid hooks. On the models equipped with system of anti-blocking of brakes, try not to damage at unit extraction the hydraulic ABS module.
35. Having liberated the unit from an impellent compartment, transfer it via the panel of a front of the car and omit assembly on the earth.
Separation of a transmission from the engine
1. Establish the power unit taken from the car on pair of wooden blocks or a strong workbench.
2. At the corresponding complete set, turn out fixing bolts and remove from RKPP case a plate of the bottom cover of a flywheel.
3. On models with the exhaust mechanism of a drive of coupling (see. Head Coupling) beat out a fixing finger, or turn out a fixing bolt and remove the switching off lever from the top end of an axis of a fork of switching off. Thus there should be a possibility of free rotation of an axis for the purpose of its liberation from the vyzhimny bearing in the course of separation of a box from the engine. With Chertilka or a marker mark the provision of the middle of an axis concerning RKPP case (see. Manual box of gear shifting).
4. Turn out fixing bolts and remove from a transmission starter assembly.
5. Check reliability of a podpiraniye of the engine and a transmission, then turn out bolts of fastening of a case of a box to the engine block. Remember adjusting position of each of taken bolts and arms fixed by them and holders. At assembly all components should be established strictly on former places, in case of need put landing labels.
6. Accurately separate a transmission from the engine. Watch, that the box did not hang in all the weight on a pin of primary shaft until the last finally will not be liberated from a nave of a conducted disk of coupling.
7. Take from the nests in interfaced surfaces of a case of the engine or coupling freely planted directing pins and clean them in a reliable place.
8. On models with the exhaust mechanism of a drive of coupling put the second landing marking on RKPP case, having marked the provision of a label of a fork of a vyvklyucheniye after removal. By means of this marking the corner under which the fork should refuel into place at assembly for the purpose of its correct input in gearing with the vyzhimny bearing is defined.
1. If transmission was separated from the engine, execute the procedures described in subitem 2 — 10. Otherwise, pass directly to item 11.
2. Grease with refractory greasing of the Molykote BR2 Plus type of a shlitsa of primary shaft of a transmission. Try not to put too much greasing in order to avoid risk of pollution of a conducted disk of coupling.
3. Track correctness of installation of directing pins in nests in interfaced surfaces of the engine or transmission.
4. On models with the exhaust mechanism of a drive of coupling before installation develop vyzhimny the bearing so that the label in the form of an arrow specified up (grooves of a fork of the bearing should appear developed forward on the engine). Achieve combination put in the course of dismantle of a label of an axis of a fork of switching off and the second label on a transmission case (the fork of switching off should appear it is developed under 60 ° to a surface of a dome of coupling). Such arrangement of components gives a guarantee of correctness of input of a fork in gearing with the bearing.
5. Carefully bring a transmission to the engine and plant it on directing pins. Watch, that box assembly in all weight did not hang on a pin of primary shaft after input of the last in a nave of a conducted disk of coupling.
6. On models with the exhaust mechanism of a drive of coupling at a final joint of the unit track correctness of input in gearing of a fork of switching off and the vyzhimny bearing (the label on a fork should be combined with an original label on a transmission case (see. Manual box of gear shifting).
7. Screw bolts of fastening of a transmission to the engine. Track, that under the corresponding bolts the arms removed at dismantle and clamps were established. Tighten fixture with demanded effort.
8. Establish into place a starter, having strongly tightened bolts of its fastening.
9. On models with the exhaust mechanism of a drive of coupling fix on the top end of an axis of a fork the switching off lever. Fix the lever a finger or a bolt (depending on a complete set).
10. At the corresponding complete set establish on the place on RKPP case a plate of the bottom cover of a flywheel. Strongly tighten fixing bolts.
11. Connect to elevating eyes of the power unit winch slings. By means of the assistant hang out assembly over an impellent compartment of the car.
12. Inclining and turning the unit so that it did not cling to the components located in an impellent compartment, get assembly on the regular place.
13. Having arranged the power unit in an impellent compartment, establish into place an arm of its right support. Tighten fixing nuts/bolts, while only by hand.
14. If removed, establish on the place on a car body an arm of the left support of the power unit. Tighten fixture with demanded effort. Establish a rubber pillow of a support, then screw fixing and central assembly nuts (do not forget about washers) and slightly them tighten.
15. Working under the car, establish a rack of a back support and screw both bolts of its fastening.
16. Having shaken the unit, achieve adequate landing it on support, then consistently tighten nuts and bolts of all support with demanded effort. Where it is required, after a tightening of nuts of an arm of the right support establish into place the rubber buffer and the bent fixing plate. Tighten with demanded effort bolts of their fastening. Now the elevating rigging can be disconnected from the engine.
17. Further installation is made as it should be, the return to a dismantle order. Pay attention to the next moments:
a) Track correctness of laying and reliability of fastening in intermediate clamps of plaits of electroconducting;
b) Before introduction of power shafts in differential of a transmission replace their epiploons (see. Manual box of gear shifting);
c) Track correctness of connection and reliability of fastening of hoses of okhladitelny and heating paths;
d) Do not forget to execute adjustment of a cable of a drive of coupling (see. Head Coupling);
e) Adjust also a gas cable (see appropriate section of Head of the Power supply system and release);
f) Fill in in the engine and a transmission necessary amount of oil of a demanded grade (see. Manual box of gear shifting).
g) Fill cooling system (address to Head Routine maintenance);
h) On diesel models do not forget to remove air from a power supply system (see. A power supply system - diesel models).